Tuesday 5 January 2010

In the beginning...

My earliest suspicion that there was perhaps a bit more to life than the nuts-and-bolts existence we see on the surface, was as a child of perhaps nine or ten. I remember, quite vividly, lying on my bed in our Chiswick home, reciting (I know not why) the mantra, "ME-MYSELF-I", over and over again. The longer I chanted these words, the more my "self" seemed to detach from my physical body (blimey,I was a weird kid...what was wrong with my Lego and Action Man, or girls even?!)

I never had the guts to push this all the way, as it was a very scary feeling and I felt that I might not come back from wherever I was going, and then I might miss my tea! Sometimes I wish I could recapture those moments, which sparked a lifelong quest to look beyond the mundane, and a fascinating journey through martial arts, meditation, Buddhism, reiki, NLP and beyond. Bruce Lee once encouraged people to take what is necessary from each fighting style, and I've adopted much the same approach to my spiritual quest, reading hundreds of books and listening to countless recorded lectures and meditation tapes.

I've recently come to understand that every life-affirming book we choose to read has the intrinsic power to elevate us spiritually and raise our universal vibration. It's almost as if the author's energy transfers to us via the written word. Clever, eh?!

Based on this, I think it's a very good idea to revisit books you may not have read for a while, maybe not since you embarked on this path, and absorb them from your new, higher perspective. One of the first self-help books I read was "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway" by Susan Jeffers, which I can't wait to re-read.

Perhaps, in my next post, I'll list some of the books that have had the greatest impact on me over the years, and maybe you can share some of your own.

See you soon.

In love & light,

Kenwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment