Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snowed in!

Only yesterday my good friend, Karen, mentioned that she'd had a strong feeling that I should finally start writing about my spiritual journey and my experiences with healing over many years. I was a bit pushed for time today, but my spiritual guides obviously concurred with her, had words with the all the right people "up there" and presumably greased a few godly palms, to arrange an early morning delivery of a vast duvet of snow, which has prevented me from even attempting the drive to work. So, welcome to my first ever blog, built with technical support from the ever-patient Brian (Luddite-wrangler!) and the cooperation of powers far greater than mine (although perhaps not...more of this later, he said, cryptically!)

I've put off writing about my "spiritual journey" (that phrase sounds a bit pompous in itself to me) for quite a while, although, as someone who occasionally writes professionally, I should possess some of the skills required. It was more a question of: who the hell am I to think that I can teach anyone else about spirituality? Having read vast libraries of self-help books, religious tomes and philosophical tracts, over a period of 35 years or more, I felt humbled by the wisdom I found and felt that I certainly didn't possess the level of enlightenment that shone out from these pages.

What changed my mind on this was some guidance I received from my most recent spiritual teacher, David. We were discussing my future and the possibility of setting up some sort of healing practice down in Devon. Apart from being attuned to the reiki healing energies, I didn't feel I had a great deal to offer, however, David seemed to see other latent abilities, which could be developed for the benefit of others. He also spoke of his own journey, once setting up an initial healing workshop attended by just one person! The point is that he knew more than that person and that soul had been sent to David for the benefit of both parties. So, if anything I write on here serves you in just a tiny way and speeds you on your own journey, it has been well worth the effort.

My plan, if I have one (and I usually don't!) is to try to bring out the salient points in my own journey, the small epiphanies and the eureka moments that I've experienced along a sometimes rocky path. Hopefully, this will allow you to share your own experiences on this stage, so we can build a community of people who really want to see a positive change in themselves and the wider world.

Above all, I want this to be fun and lighthearted...we take so much of life too seriously, like putting a silencer on a high-powered rifle! Damn it...I want to hear the bang!

Whoever said, "Dance as if no one is watching", had it right!

Anyway, welcome, I'm glad you found your way here. I look forward to spending some fun times together.

In love & light.

Kenwyn

5 comments:

  1. Well done, Ken! I for one, will be following your journey closely....The fun starts here! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in 4 the ride too, so I drop u my favourite quote to wish, as the Frenchies say, Bon Courage !
    There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.
    Nelson Mandela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great quote, Laura, and one I haven't read before. I must be one of those people who has Mandela's autobiography in my book-case, just to look good!

    Coincidentally, you have preempted something I mention in my second post about revisiting books you've read. Hey, there's great power at work here! (this is assuming you hadn't already read the second post, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogging, Ken. Look forward to reading about your journey. Be it toward a greater understanding of the spiritual nature of life...or toward Wembley in May to see the mighty Chelsea win the FA Cup!

    Cheers!
    Brian M
    ThatActionGuy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, Kenny, we look forward to reading your story. I love the "dance" quote. Good luck, it's a hard thing to write about so just be honest and true to yourself.

    Rosi & Keith

    ReplyDelete